Empty homes

If you're concerned about a vacant or run down property email empty.homes@plymouth.gov.uk, call 01752 304235 or complete our online form.

Report an empty home

We can:

  • identify the owner and ask them to put things right
  • help the owner to selllet or lease their property
  • provide a range of options and services to help the owner to return the property to use

If our help is declined and the property remains empty, we can take the following enforcement action:

  • An empty dwelling management order
  • A compulsory purchase order
  • An enforced sale

Email empty.homes@plymouth.gov.uk or call 01752 304235 for help and advice on bringing an empty property back into use.


Useful external links


Main page source: Plymouth City Council