How to get social care support

Working out what help you need

If you have any care or support needs you can ask us for a needs assessment.

The assessment will look at both your physical, mental and emotional needs. You might need help to get dressed or just an extra stair rail, but we'll also find out what's important to you, such as being able to carry on working or volunteering, or being able to meet your friends.

A trained person from the council or an organisation we work with will chat to you about your needs and the sort of help you could benefit from.

If you're a carer and the person you care for doesn't live in Plymouth get in touch with the council where they live.

To request a needs assessment email or call 01752 668000.


If you prefer, you can fill in a self-assessment form to find out if you could get help or support.

Fill in a self-assessment

After your assessment

If you're eligible for our help we'll agree with you what care and support you need and we can help you arrange this. You might have to pay some or all of the cost of your care.

If you're not eligible for our help we can give you information and advice and put you in touch with other organisations, such as local charities, that can help.

Main page source: Plymouth City Council