Advocacy is about taking action to help people express their views and wishes. This can include
- helping to secure their rights
- helping to have their interests represented
- helping access information and services
- helping to explore choices and options.
Advocacy can help people become more aware of their own rights, to exercise those rights and be involved in and influence decisions that are being made about their future. Crucially, advocacy can empower people to speak up for themselves.
Advocacy can be helpful in all kinds of situations where you:
- find it difficult to make your views known
- need other people listen to you and take your views into account.
Main page source: Plymouth Online Directory